SSO auto create users —> CB users table

6 years 1 month ago #303076 by dhphllps
Similar questions have been asked before, but not this situation specifically. At the insistence of a client I am using the SAML2 SSO plugin from miniorange.com to utilize the client's ADFS IdP. It is working and Joomla is automatically creating users, but of course, they are not in CB. Is there a way to redirect auto-create to the CB API, or a trigger to run the sync users routine on creation of a new user? What's the best approach to take?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #303077 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SSO auto create users —> CB users table
Your plugin would need to use CB API to create users. That's the only way for it to properly handle integration with CB. Running Tools > User Synchronization is not a means of doing this as it bypasses all checks and is just there to migrate an existing Joomla install. See the below tutorial on how to register a user using CB API.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18362-registering-a-user-through-cb-api

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn