How to get to different registration form for two different user groups?

6 years 1 month ago #303394 by sciamano
How to get to different registration form for two different user groups?

I would like to create in my site two different communities with different profile pages and the first step is to give them the possibility to register in two different pages.
How can easy do that? (I’ve got developer membership).

"Mai ti si concede un desiderio senza che inoltre ti sia concesso il potere di farlo avverare."

Richard Bach

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #303412 by krileon
Create a field for them to select their profile type. This could be a radio field or a select field for example. Next you'd use CB Conditional to show/hide tabs/fields based off that profile type selection. If you also need to give them a usergroup based off their profile type you'll need to use CB Auto Actions and its Usergroup action acting on the onAfterUserRegistration (frontend registration) trigger by conditioning against your profile type field under the Conditions tab (you'll need 2 of these to assign the 2 profile type usergroups).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sciamano

6 years 1 month ago #303416 by sciamano
Thank you Krileon,
it's working but now I have another problem. I want two groups of users with different ways to register also using for each group a different subscription. How I can do that? Normally adding some plans with Paid subscriptions they're show in the registration page: in fact I need to show them after the selection of the group to access to choose one the plans for that group (different from the other one).

"Mai ti si concede un desiderio senza che inoltre ti sia concesso il potere di farlo avverare."

Richard Bach

6 years 1 month ago #303425 by krileon
Under the Workflows tab of your plans you can configure conditions for them during registration and for upgrades. You can configure them to condition based off your profile type field so you can have plans specific to a profile type. As for its selection after profile type selection you can adjust its registration tab order within CB > Tab Management. Sounds like you might benefit from using Step by Step registration layout, which you can enable in CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sciamano

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn