CBSubs plan downgrade...

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #303543 by mikerotec
CBSubs plan downgrade... was created by mikerotec
We have two user classes, Free and Paid.
When a Paid subscription expires, they are presented with the two plans:

Your Subscriptions
Your current subscription

Paid (Re-activate button)

Your current subscription upgrade possibility:

Free (Upgrade button)

Now the thing is, in this case Free is NOT an Upgrade.
How can we change the wording and button to be "Downgrade" (only in this case)??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs plan downgrade...
As far as CBSubs is concerned it's an upgrade as you're moving from one plan to another. You can't condition the button text based off the plan so it's not possible to change it to "Downgrade" only for that plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 week ago #303712 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic CBSubs plan downgrade...
Where do I go to put in a feature request?

In real life, there are upgrades - and there are also downgrades... I would like to see the software model real life...:woohoo:

6 years 1 week ago #303721 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs plan downgrade...
Movement from 1 plan to another is always an upgrade. There is no downgrades in CBSubs. Downgrade is a negative term and unfriendly to users. So I wouldn't suggest displaying Downgrade even if you could. "Change", "Select", or "Activate" maybe more positive without signifying that it's an upgrade or downgrade. You can change "Upgrade" to something more neutral using language strings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn