[SOLVED] Error Oops - Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303875 by bins
I am pulling my hair out with this!

When I log in I get 'Error Oops - Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.'

I have switched off all modules and menu options but cannot trace the cause. I have also looked at trash & cache!

If I move away from the home page and go back, the error disappears.

Could CB be responsible?

I am trying to find a way to list everything that should be shown on a page, but can't see how to do this in J!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303876 by bins
I think I found the issue!

If I switch off SEF, the error goes!

Arrrggghhhh.

It doesn't make sense, as it goes to the same (home) page!

6 years 1 week ago #303888 by krileon
Sounds like you've a login redirect URL specified that they can't access. Edit your CB Login module and if you supplied a login redirect URL ensure the URL begins with index.php and is not SEF (e.g. index.php to go to homepage).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bins

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303889 by bins
SUPERSTAR!!!!

There wasn't anything in the redirect box.

I added the domain/index.php and the error goes!

I should have asked earlier!

Thanks, as always!

BTW, why does /index.php make a difference?

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303891 by krileon
Don't include your domain name or a slash. Begin with index.php and always use a non-SEF URL. Supplying index.php will ensure they're always redirected to your home page. If you don't include a redirect URL they'll be sent back to where they logged in from. If where they're logging in from is not accessible to registered users (e.g. a guest only page) they'll get an access error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, bins, erilam

6 years 1 week ago #303896 by bins
Guest content..... that was the problem.

The mud is now a little clearer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn