[#7125] Stripe Sepa mismatch with promotion use

6 years 9 hours ago - 6 years 9 hours ago #303975 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Sepa mismatch with promotion use
It's only marked as completed if Stripe reports that the charge is completed. Review the IPN within CBSubs > Notifications and check the charge_status for the subscr_signup IPN. It also depends on what you set "Accept payment once", because if it's set to "Even if payment is pending authorization, authorized or captured" then pending is treated as completed. Also if you're using Stripes test IBAN values it instantly responds with succeeded charge_status.

This would be an entirely different issue though. Please create a new topic if you suspect there maybe an issue with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 hours ago #303976 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe Sepa mismatch with promotion use

It's only marked as completed if Stripe reports that the charge is completed.

No, that's not the case with this IPN error.
Stripe does not report the charge as completed but CBsubs does.

With other payments (recurring, no initial first period, no promotions) the charge is not marked as completed by CBsubs until Stripe sends the correct information after a few days (for SEPA payments)

5 years 11 months ago #303983 by krileon
So this is only happening when the errored IPN shows up? If so then it'll be resolved once the fix is merged and released. You can quickfix with the below.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/stripe/cbpaidsubscriptions.stripe.php
ON: Lines 1876 - 1881
				$invoiceId									=	Get::get( $postdata, 'data.object.id', null, GetterInterface::STRING );
				$subscriptionId								=	Get::get( $postdata, 'data.object.subscription', null, GetterInterface::STRING );

if ( ! $subscriptionId ) {
					$transactionId							=	Get::get( $postdata, 'data.object.charge', null, GetterInterface::STRING );
				}
TO:
				$invoiceId									=	Get::get( $postdata, 'data.object.id', null, GetterInterface::STRING );
				$transactionId								=	Get::get( $postdata, 'data.object.charge', null, GetterInterface::STRING );
				$subscriptionId								=	Get::get( $postdata, 'data.object.subscription', null, GetterInterface::STRING );

if ( ! $transactionId ) {
					return null; // Ignore invoices without a charge
				}

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, activha

5 years 11 months ago #304273 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe Sepa mismatch with promotion use
I am coming back on this subject with a new test and the fix applied in latest CBsubs version. This works well to suppress the trialing IPN but this does not to fix the wrong charge status

It's only marked as completed if Stripe reports that the charge is completed

With SEPA method, when a promotion is applied to the first payment, Stripe correctly reports the charge as pending but CBsubs reports the charge status as completed.

(Payment is set to be accepted only when completed)

5 years 11 months ago #304289 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will review the IPNs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304359 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and it's due to the plan having an initial price and duration. This is normally charged to the user as a charge API call, but that call doesn't seam to ever be happening. That call should throw the basket into a pending state. The subscription IPN it self is marked trialing as it won't begin until after the initial duration that should be billed via the charge state. Trialing in CBSubs is seen as a free trial and is the correct behavior for that, but the issue here is the charge call never happens. Will have to use your test site again if it's still active to investigate why that charge API call is never triggering.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn