Text Area Field not accepting "smaller than" symbol

6 years 23 hours ago - 6 years 23 hours ago #304006 by edmundcheong
Text Area Field not accepting "smaller than" symbol

I am not sure if any known reports on this matter?

Everytime when I enter "smaller than" characted and save, the information is not updated to the field.

This symbol: <

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 23 hours ago #304007 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Text Area Field not accepting "smaller than" symbol
~!@#$%^&*()_+|}{\][":';?>,.

The above symbols are fine..

6 years 23 hours ago - 6 years 23 hours ago #304008 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Text Area Field not accepting "smaller than" symbol
Similar behaviour report on the CB Demo Site..

Logged in as User, go to profile edit..

Tab: CB Conditional

Field Four cannot be updated with <

6 years 18 hours ago #304017 by krileon
The HTML filtering will remove it as it's seen as a potentially open tag. Have added a bug ticket to see if our HTML filtering can be improved to allow for standalone <, but unlikely to see a fix anytime soon as it's a huge risk given so many locations use that filtering and we don't want them suddenly accepting tags by accident.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7127

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn