Groupjive Category Access Level not working

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304140 by wbuk
We are encountering a very strange issue.

Normal registered users are restricted from seeing categories with access level that doesn't contain their usergroup - this is working.

CB moderators (not super users) are able to see groups in every category even though they are not the group admins nor member of the groups, even though the access level of the categories do not include their usergroup. We believe this is not working as intended?

Strangely still, some groups are permanently hidden from these CB moderators no matter what category access level is set. Duplicating these groups will then show the new groups - which then cannot be hidden (same as issue above).

Also, even unapproved or unpublished groups (regardless of category access) are visible to these CB moderators. Is this intended?

Would anyone have any idea what is going on?

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304143 by wbuk
Nvm about the last part of the thread, just remembered we used CB Conditionals to hide certain groups from specific group of CB moderators.

Web Buster UK Ltd

5 years 11 months ago #304145 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive Category Access Level not working
Are you referring to GJ and its categories and groups? If so then access is ignored for CB Moderators; they've full access to all categories and groups regardless of the access set otherwise they couldn't moderate content. There is no such thing as limited access CB Moderators in CB at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn