Best solution to create a download area per paid subscriber

5 years 11 months ago #304212 by lucablue
Hi,
normally I use Phoca Download to manage downloads from website I create. To use with CB Subs which is the best solution? Is Phoca Download compatible with CB Subs?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304214 by krileon
We don't have any specific integration with Phoca Download, but you can probably use By URL Part protection to protect access to the download URLs or if Phoca Download has ACL you'd just give users usergroups based off their subscription (see Access tab of your plans).

You can also look into using our download manager CB Package Builder, which integrates with CBSubs. It's primarily used for Joomla package building, but doesn't have to be as you can use Document or Custom package types to avoid the Joomla packaging behavior and use it like a regular download manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304216 by lucablue
Really initially I want use CB Package Builder to manage downloads but I'not yet understand how use it. It seems just to be used to create Joomla package.

I'll try. Thank you

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304219 by krileon
The Joomla packaging is ignored for Custom types. It's how we offer our manuals for download. If there are no Joomla packages available it should hide all of the Joomla related functionality (e.g. check all, Joomla version dropdown, and download button at bottom). At any rate if you still want to use Phoca Download it should work fine either by using ACL or By URL Part protection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucablue

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn