[#7153] Hide Tab at registration

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304520 by MarlonFungai
[#7153] Hide Tab at registration was created by MarlonFungai
Hi guys I have 3 CB Subs plans on my site and step by step registration. 1 plan has all the registration fields and steps but the other 2 only have 1 step each. Now I can hide the relevant fields at registration but my problem is the empty steps/tabs still appear after their fields are hidden. How can I hide the steps/tabs at registration when the plans with only 1 step are selected.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304530 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide Tab at registration
You can't if you're hiding fields via CBSubs as CBSubs has no code to hide the actual tab it self. CB Conditional can hide the actual tab though, but can't condition based off plan selection. CBSubs has yet to have its condition JS updated to support step by step and tabbed registration. Have added a bug ticket for this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304531 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Hide Tab at registration
So the solution is then to combine both CB Subs and CB Conditional and introduce a variable that gets changed by plan selection and then is used by CB Conditional to display tabs?

5 years 11 months ago #304535 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide Tab at registration
There's not really a solution for plan selection to hide fields at registration and hide the tab those fields are under.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304586 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Hide Tab at registration
The work around I used was a combination of CB Conditional, CB Auto Actions and CB Subs - for others who have the same problem before the JS is updated in CB Subs.

Note this works if your plans are all free if they aren't I imagine you have to use auto actions to add the plan to basket via url instead of subscribing them;

Step 1. I created the different registration steps for each plan using a variable "profiletype" to set CB Conditional so that it displays the correct tabs.
Step 2. I created the corresponding plans in CB Subs and set them to only display via url on the frontend.
Step 3. I used Auto Actions to subscribe users after confirmation (both plans require email confirmation.

I imagine variants of this work around will suit people in a similar situation

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn