[#7168] How to show promotional price on upgrades

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #304744 by boyjahq
I have a promotion that applies to all plans, renewal or upgrade, but I cannot get the price override for the promotion to show for upgrades.

This image shows that the promotion is being applied for the renewal of plan 1 Adult, but it is not overriding in a similar way the pricing for the upgrades.

However, when I select an upgrade plan and proceed to payment, it shows the promotion being applied:

How can I get the price override to display in the user's Membership tab for upgrades the way it does for the renewal?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304752 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to show promotional price on upgrades
Seams to be working fine in my tests. What do you have "Price display of plan (default: [AUTOMATIC])" set to in your plans under the Presentation tab? If changed try setting back to [AUTOMATIC]. Within your promotion under Display did you set "Override plans display" to "Yes, display plans differently as follows:" so it overrides the price display to show the discounted amount? If so what have you configured it to there?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304769 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic How to show promotional price on upgrades
All plans have Price display of plan set to [AUTOMATIC]

The promotion is set to "Override plans display" and is set to "Yes, display plans differently as follows:" (which would explain why it is showing as desired on the Renew button for the 1 Adult plan).

"Plan name and description display" is set to "Unchanged Original Text"

"Plan price and duration display" is set to "Custom as follows:" and we have input
[DISCOUNTED_PRICE] - Bronze Membership 500 Yen Discount

Which shows correctly for the Renew button but not for Upgrade plan prices

Under the Basic tab / "To which plans this promotion applies" - we have selected all plans

Under the Advanced tab / "Orders triggered by following user actions:" - we have set
Applies to upgrades = Yes
Applies to renewals = Yes

For some reason the correct override text for pricing shows only on the Renew button (works for all plans). But for Upgrade plans it only shows the promotion once they have chosen the plan and clicked the Pay button (as shown in original post images)

Also, every time I make a change to a plan or promotion, I always clear browser cache prior to reloading the frontend page.

And, to eliminate the possibility that my existing plans have somehow become corrupted from so much fiddling and endless modifications, I created a new plan, leaving many settings at default and tested it, with the same result. As an upgrade it does not show the promotion price until you click the payment button.

5 years 10 months ago #304785 by krileon
Strange, please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304804 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic How to show promotional price on upgrades
Sent login info

This is a development site, so do whatever you need--it will not affect any real users

5 years 10 months ago #304812 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and appears to be happening when a condition, "Applicable for View Access Level", or "Applicable for Group (and above this group)" is configured on a promotion. The promotion will still work in the basket so the promotion is working, but appears the plan pricing display usage maybe missing the correct user object and maybe why those checks are failing there. I've added a bug ticket for further investigation.

Please note you have done nothing wrong with your configuration and can continue as is.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn