Force password reset

5 years 10 months ago #305013 by AlexRag
Force password reset was created by AlexRag
Is there any way to force password resets, either something that can be auto-scheduled or as a one off procedure (manual).

I have no been able to find any current plugins that can do either.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305024 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Force password reset
Yes, CB supports Joomlas built in password reset functionality. Edit them within CB > User Management and set "Reset Password" to "Yes".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305191 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Force password reset
Great! Thanks for pointing that out Kyle.

However, I wonder if there is a way to enable that on a wide scale? Going into each user would take a long time for larger communities.

If there was some kind of global setting that would be useful to force all users to reset (This would be especially important if it was required do to a security breach).

Going further something that is triggered on a timely basis (like every 3 months) would go an interesting option too. Some clients may want this as part of their security policy.

5 years 10 months ago #305216 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Force password reset

However, I wonder if there is a way to enable that on a wide scale? Going into each user would take a long time for larger communities.

There isn't from within CB it self, but within Users > Manage you can select multiple users then click Batch then set "Require Password Reset" to "Yes" to reset the password for a large amount of users from Joomla directly.

If there was some kind of global setting that would be useful to force all users to reset (This would be especially important if it was required do to a security breach).

As far as I'm aware Joomla has no functionality for this nor does CB as CB is just using the password reset features of Joomla.

Going further something that is triggered on a timely basis (like every 3 months) would go an interesting option too. Some clients may want this as part of their security policy.

We've no such functionality. There's likely Joomla extensions available that can do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn