[SOLVED] CB component not updating from web

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305849 by fdinkler
From my back-end, Community Builder / Plug-ins / Install new plug-in / Install from Web

Click Updates - all plugins and CB component needing updated are listed.
Select "Update All"
All plugins download and update, but the CB component does not.
From Updates, select Community Builder (which is showing "Download and Update" button) -
Get this message:

Error
Download Community Builder - Download Error
Failed to download package file from Community Builder to webserver due to following error: Unauthorized: 401
Failed to save Install CB Plugin because: Installation error

----
Attempt to update from Extensions/Manage/Updates
Select Community Builder, click Update
Same error as above.
----

Only workaround is to physically download from Joomlapolis.com and upload and install.

I've repeated this on three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and IE11)
Any ideas?
Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305854 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB component not updating from web
Your token is probably expired. Click the refresh link in the bottom right of the install from web window and retry. Check if you see download buttons or buy buttons for various plugins. If you see buy buttons then the JSONP request failed to utilize your cookie and was unable to determine you were logged in. If that's the case it could be your browser blocking 3rd party cookies. We're looking into implementing lifetime tokens that you'll be able to generate from your profile to supply to CB in a later release to help avoid JSONP issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305868 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic CB component not updating from web
Kyle - thanks, I've used the refresh button as well.
The buttons are all "download and update" for all updates.
And all the plug-ins download and update just fine.
Its the CB component that never downloads.
Fred

5 years 9 months ago #305871 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB component not updating from web
Does CB Author Bot and CB Search Bot work fine? Only a few packages have a registered user condition. Wondering if that's failing for some users. Not sure why it would though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305889 by fdinkler
Interesting - neither Author nor Search bots appear in the list - they're available from your website for download, but they're nowhere in the Install Plugin/from Web list on my site.
FYI I've repeated this across all three of my sites.

5 years 9 months ago #305890 by fdinkler
Correction - one site does list both bots as "Download and Update" - but I get the same error when I click the button...
Error
Download CB Author Bot - Download Error
Failed to download package file from CB Author Bot to webserver due to following error: Unauthorized: 401
Failed to save Install CB Plugin because: Installation error

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn