CBSubs API?

5 years 9 months ago #305985 by cpaschen
CBSubs API? was created by cpaschen
We have a site that needs to have a very customized subscription interface.
We've tried many times (and submitted many tickets here) to make this work as needed, but the CBSubs interface just isn't letting us do what we need to do.

I'm wondering if there is an available API for CBSubs that we can just use as a basis of our own front-end that we build independently?

Is there an API and if so, is there any documentation related to what features are available?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305996 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs API?
What are you trying to do exactly? You don't have to use the subscription tab or anything. You can link to plans directly or even use their basket URL to directly link to a basket with that plan selected. Both URLs can be found at the top while editing your plans in CBSubs > Plans.

There is no API documentation beyond integrations and gateways, which you can find below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306002 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic CBSubs API?
We need to have a number of different 'combination' subscriptions and the ability to allow users to add/upgrade multiple subscriptions at the same time based on some somewhat complicated business rules.

We have tried for well over a year with various different 'built-in' options (you may remember the tickets ... A1,A2, A3, B, etc.), but short of creating a different subscription type for each and every possible combination, which makes tracking the subscription data (for marketing) very complicated (not to mention confusing for the end-users), nothing has actually worked well.

So we would like to just create our own front-end and then allow CBSubs to handle the rest (renewal notices, etc.)

I'll take a look at the docs and see if we can make it work with those.

Thanks.

5 years 9 months ago #306006 by krileon
I guess you could have a UI for them to select various things that then sets a price value in a CB field. Then use a negative CBSubs Promotion substituting in that field to increase the price of a plan. They'd then just purchase that plan and its price should be based off your field. Probably the easiest way to go about it without requiring a large amount of coding.

You could probably use CB Auto Actions to bridge your plan selection UI and CBSubs together by having your plan select form submit to an auto action (leave Triggers as None and use the URL for the auto action under the Global tab as the form URL). Your auto action would be responsible for setting the value of the field (you'll need to use a Code action and some PHP for that). Then your auto action could redirect to the basket URL of your plan. So the user would experience the following: select plans > submit > at basket to pay.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306009 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic CBSubs API?
The problem is that we need to have several different plans (all that assign different ACL groups to users) and must have the ability to have multiple combinations of plans (that is why we had asked about the ability to purchase multiple plans at once in another ticket).

Short of calling functions directly (which I'm a bit hesitant, because then we have the problem that they must be public for us to use them AND if you change them in the future, our code would need to change), I think we're going to have to either consider creating one subscription for each possible combination type (about 30 different ones) or consider some other option yet to become obvious.

5 years 9 months ago #306015 by krileon
You can purchase multiple plans at once. Simply set them as non-exclusive. Have a plan for each option and just let them build the subscription they want from those options.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds