Not Authorized to View This Page and CB Login Problems

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #306144 by cwhitlock
About a month ago, I logged into my site, www.rogersfoundationofmusic.com and was hit with a "Not Authorized to View this Page" message. My husband, who is a programmer for a living, and I was looking for the problem, then it started working, but we didn't really change anything. We didn't know what to think.

Then, everything was fine until last Tuesday, when I had my business partner over and he logged in for the first time in months and was met with the same error page. Then, not even 20 minutes later, I couldn't get in on my computer anymore.

Today, I was reading through your forums, and followed one of them that made a configuration suggestion to make the user registration "no", and CB registration to yes, and use outside sources. Then, I tested the log in, and it worked on my computer. It went right to my profile page.

I went to my husbands computer and the error still was there. I check our phones, still there. I checked another computer in the house, still there. The only one that it worked on was my MacBook Pro.

Then, something really weird happened. I logged out on my computer and logged back in and now it won't redirect to the profile page. It's like it's gone crazy or something. We haven't released the site yet. Been working for a year on this project, and want it to run smooth. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I hope I gave enough info.

You can go to the site at www.rogersfoundationofmusic.com use the test log in. username: connietest password connietest

I am using the Ambrosia Template from Rockettheme and running Gantry
Also running the latest CB and Subs.

System Information
Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux siteground342.com 3.12.18-clouder0 #20 SMP Mon Feb 26 12:15:53 EET 2018 x86_64
Database Type mysql
Database Version 5.6.36-82.1-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 7.0.30
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.8.10 Stable [ Amani ] 26-June-2018 15:45 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306155 by krileon
Edit your CB Login Module and change your login redirect to the following.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile

I'm guessing you used a relative URL, which you should not do for any URL parameters. Always use non-SEF beginning with index.php or Joomla may not be able to determine where you're trying to go. If you want the redirect associated with a specific menu item then add the following to the above URL.

&Itemid=MENU_ID_HERE

You can login fine, correct? It's just not redirecting to your profile as you're expecting?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306193 by cwhitlock
I am already using "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile" for the redirect. It randomly works. Sometimes it directs back to the front page, and sometimes to the profile page.

It is also random with the "not authorized to view this page".

So, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Connie

5 years 9 months ago #306199 by krileon
Try adding &Itemid=MENU_ID_HERE to the URL and where MENU_ID_HERE is add the Joomla menu id of your CB profile menu item. Next within CB > Configuration > User Profile ensure you've "Profile View Access Level" set to something that at least registered users can access (e.g. Public or Registered). If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn