Notificatoins Label

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306465 by skilcher
Replied by skilcher on topic Notificatoins Label
OK, so it appears all I need to do was to select what to be notified. I've selected what I feel would be available, but after testing using another account, I don't receive any notifications with my other account. What else am I missing?

Never mind, I figured it out. I think I stumbled on what you were describing.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306470 by skilcher
Replied by skilcher on topic Notificatoins Label

That may make it even easier as you could just create a layout override for the CB Activity module then add your text there. You can find the default layout below.

/modules/mod_cbactivity/tmpl/default.php

See the below on how to use Joomla layout overrides.

docs.joomla.org/Layout_Overrides_in_Joomla

OK, I have tried to create an Alternative CB Activity module, which is located in the /public_html/directory/templates/shaper_finance/html/mod_activitynotification (mod_activitynotification being the directory for the new default.php (from the /modules/mod_cbactivity/tmpl directory), which is now labeled as notification.php).

I go back to the CB_Activity Module page to try to change the Layout under the Advance tab and the override doesn't seem to want to show up. I've tried to rename the notification.php file back to default.php and still doesn't seem to populate after refreshing the screen.

I've decided to go about your method rather than adding the text in the notifications-button.php file to be more flexible with options to my site.

Hope there is a fix around this.

Thanks

Note, I did notice that under the Advance tab, I have the dropdown menu labeled as "Layout". According to the link you provided me and what I've seen from other results of my searches on this topis, theirs are labeled as "Alternative Layout". Not sure if there's a difference or not....

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306485 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notificatoins Label
Your directory isn't correct. It should be as follows.

/public_html/directory/templates/shaper_finance/html/mod_cbactivity

Note, I did notice that under the Advance tab, I have the dropdown menu labeled as "Layout". According to the link you provided me and what I've seen from other results of my searches on this topis, theirs are labeled as "Alternative Layout". Not sure if there's a difference or not....

Layout is the correct parameter where you'll be selecting your template override.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn