[SOLVED] Upgrade CB from Joomla 2.5 website to Joomla 3.8 website

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #306634 by David77
Hello,
A friend asked me for help to migrate his site which is under Joomla! 2.5 to version 3.8.
His website use CB 1.9.1.

We will use the data transfer tools SP Transfer to perform this migration but I would like to know where the database settings were stored in order to be able to migrate the tables to the new version to launch the latest version of CB installation. Hoping these tables will be updated automatically.

Any content built into J! has been migrated without any problem as well as another component.

Thank you in advance for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #306663 by krileon
CB 2.x will install on Joomla 2.5. So the best approach is to simply install CB 2.x on your existing install, which will allow CB to upgrade the database as needed. Then update any CB plugin installed. Once done you can migrate CB over to Joomla 3.x. If you've already migrated CB over to Joomla 3.x while still being CB 1.x you'll likely need to disable it within Extensions > Manage then try installing CB 2.x to see if it'll upgrade fine. Note you may not be able to use the package installer so if you download latest CB from our downloads page you'll need to unzip it then install the package in the /extensions/packages folder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306702 by David77
Hello,
Sorry for the delay

I answer myself.
Thanks to SP transfer and the procedure explained I transferred tables * _comprofiler_ * from websitesite version 2.5 to database of 3.8 website
Then I launched the installation procedure of CB latest version, and everything was done without worries!
The data is present and everything is functional :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn