No general welcome email to subscribers, only unique

5 years 6 months ago #307216 by ffusion
I have a site that has a couple of types of users: 1. an organization member for which there are unpaid members and paid members. 2. Event participants. The unpaid members are set up with a free subscription and the paid members are set up with a paid subscription. Unpaid members are only created by site admins and then can self subscribe to the paid member subscription. The participants are not on a subscription. Participants self register so they receive the pending email and welcome email that are set in CB configuration. I know where in the subscription I can set a unique welcome email to send to unpaid members when admins create them, but they also receive the welcome email from the CB configuration. How do I make it so unpaid members only receive their unique welcome email from the subscription and not receive the general welcome email from CB configuration?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307224 by krileon
CBSubs can't replace the Welcome and Pending emails. CBSubs emails send in addition to those. Best I can suggest is since your users are required to have a plan of some sort (e.g. free at least) is to empty the Welcome email within CB > Configuration > Registration and just configure emails to be sent by your CBSubs plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307236 by ffusion
Thanks for the reply, Krileon. Any "member", whether paid or unpaid, is required to have a subscription. "Participants" are not required to have a subscription nor is it an option for them. Short of making participants have a subscription, is there any way around the members receiving the CB configuration welcome email?

5 years 6 months ago #307237 by krileon
Suggest making the Welcome email generic enough that it can apply regardless of type otherwise you can offer a free lifetime plan to participates that could be responsible for their email.

is there any way around the members receiving the CB configuration welcome email?

Nope

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307238 by ffusion
Ok. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll think about how I want to handle that.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn