CB3 = Joomla 4?? (development project pending...)

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307283 by mikerotec
It seems J4 Beta is due out 'any day now', and J4RC before year-end.
How is the status of CB/CBsubs, in terms of being "J4-ready?".

I was testing the other day and was able to successfully upgrade my (dev) J3.8.12 site to J3.9 and then even through to J3.10 with no obvious ill effects. (Then crashed and burned trying the offered J3.10-to-J4a4 upgrade...)

I need to get going on some plugin development, and am looking at just installing a fresh J4 to start working on right away. Will CB work on J4a4 or J4b? (...is there a CB "development build" I can download for that?).

The plugin I am in the earliest stages of developing will likely want to be adding a CB profile tab... other than that, probably not a lot of CB interaction - I guess it'll just rely on standard Joomla permissions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307289 by krileon
We'll upgrade CB compatibility for Joomla 4 once it goes into RC. No, this will not require or mean a CB 3.0 release and will just be a minor release for CB 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, mikerotec

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn