User Profile option returns error

5 years 5 months ago #308051 by ernienet
User Profile option returns error was created by ernienet
A customer reported that when their users try to click on "User Profile" in the user menu, that it returns an error (a 500 type error in the browser). I tested this and found it to be true.

the URL it's going to is www.mywebsite.com/my-profile.

I tried just about everything I could think of to remedy this.

I re-assigned the menu item and saved it.
I changed the user level to Public (I had it set to Registered).
I tried putting the option in the main menu.
I tried resetting the menu module.

I reviewed the Configuration to see if there was anything there, then ran all the Tools to be sure the database was okay.

I'm lost on this. What could be causing it?

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308056 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Profile option returns error
Try enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if any errors output. If unable to see any fatal errors try disabling non-core plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308062 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic User Profile option returns error
It reported the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class DtregisterModelEvent, because the name is already in use in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_dtregister/models/event.php on line 93

It seems to be a conflict with DT Register, but I don't know what the error means. I've contacted the support people for DT Register to see if they can help.

Thank you,
Ernie
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn