How to disable the new private messaging feature

5 years 5 months ago #308235 by mikerotec
Also.. seems I have found another bug:

In the "Messages" panel in the backend, I selected "NEW" and made a message from superadmin to one specific user.

In the frontend, logged in as that user - and they have no notification whatsoever of any message.

When I checked again in the backend, that new message is marked "TO ALL USERS", even though I only sent it to one user, and I specifically did NOT select "system message" down at the bottom...
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308243 by krileon
System Message does not send to all users. It just suppresses who it's being sent from. To send to all users you set "To" to 0 or leave empty. Retested to make sure this is working fine and works fine in my tests. Looks like you may have forgot to set "To" or maybe set the "To" in the wrong parameter. Note both "From" and "To" in backend expect a User ID; you can use the private message button in CB > User Management to quickly and easily PM users if you don't know their User ID specifically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308261 by mikerotec
It seems you missed my post on the previous page of this thread:

mikerotec wrote: OK... coming along.. I have updated to latest build 2.2.1+build.2018.10.23.17.41.07.391045c79

Disabled all the old UDDE stuff, and enabled the CBPM plugin , imported all the old message, set it to internal, and everything seems OK.

UNTIL I logged in as admin and tried to message a regular user.
Upon selecting the "send private message' in their profile, I got this error:

Not Found
The requested URL /en/cb-profile/pluginclass/pms.mypmspro was not found on this server.

5 years 5 months ago #308263 by mikerotec
OK, I see what happened inthe back-end, anyway... I entered the USERNAME of the user I wanted to message... It ignored this, and didnt give an error message... but it was expecting the USERID (integer!). I tried just now with the integer, and it shows as sent to the right account.

( see attachment below)

But ... UserID integer code???? - why cant I directly enter a username instead? Pretty lame having to look up the ID.

And - the main thing is, when I log in as that user, THERE IS NO INDICATION ANYWHERE of A MESSAGE WAITING.
No popup on login, and nothing even in the profile...

SO?? What else needs to be set up? Some modules? This detective work is burning up a lot of time, I would really appreciate if you would DOCUMENT future features when they are released . Are we all supposed to be mind-readers? {heavy sigh}
Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #308264 by mikerotec
And just to clarify:

... UNTIL I logged in "IN THE FRONT END" as admin and tried to message a regular user.

Not Found
The requested URL /en/cb-profile/pluginclass/pms.mypmspro was not found on this server.
Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #308278 by krileon

But ... UserID integer code???? - why cant I directly enter a username instead? Pretty lame having to look up the ID.

You don't have to look up a User ID. The backend is for management. It's not meant to be used regularly for sending private messages. If you want to easily send private messages to a user from backend simply navigate to CB > User Management, select their checkbox, and click Private Message on the toolbar up top. You can even use this feature to send a private message to multiple users at once.

And - the main thing is, when I log in as that user, THERE IS NO INDICATION ANYWHERE of A MESSAGE WAITING.
No popup on login, and nothing even in the profile...

This is no different than if you were using UddeIM. Both the Workflows module and the Login module can indicate you've a new private message available. Review the parameters of both and configure as necessary. In addition to that there's the new icon shown at the top of a users profile to allow them to quickly access their private messages which will also indicate if they've a new message or not and is enabled by default.

SO?? What else needs to be set up? Some modules? This detective work is burning up a lot of time, I would really appreciate if you would DOCUMENT future features when they are released . Are we all supposed to be mind-readers? {heavy sigh}

There is no detective work. The PMS works the same as it always has since CB integration with UddeIM existed, which is documented in the CB Primer Book except you're simply not using UddeIM. The new message notifications, send message profile menu item, etc.. are all the same as if using UddeIM. The backend management is the only exception and you only had issues with it because you didn't read the parameter description. The new PMS has been released for less than a week and is why it has no tutorials. We will have tutorials for it when time permits.

I am unable to confirm such an issue. This works fine on our demo site and in my tests. Ensure the Private Message System plugin is public and published in CB > Plugin Management. Try disabling SEF to see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn