How to disable the new private messaging feature

5 years 5 months ago #308212 by mikerotec
PS: HOW can I "migrate UddeIM messages from the parameters"? ( which parameters?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308214 by krileon
Edit Private Message System, change Model to Internal, click Save, then use the Migrate UddeIM button directly below the Model parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308216 by mikerotec
Where are you editing? I don't see any "Model" switch on mine...

Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #308218 by krileon
Your install is not up to date. You're using CB 2.2.1 stable. It does not have the new Internal model usage which is only available in latest build release. You'll need to update CB to the latest build or wait for the next stable release which should be out within a week or two.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

5 years 5 months ago #308222 by mikerotec
OK, MYSTERY SOLVED - Thanks! :woohoo:

Please publish documentation for this with the next release... after all this is a useful feature that potentially impacts EVERY USER OF THE SITE. (And in my use-case, the superadmin user needs to have exclusive use of it!)

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308233 by mikerotec
OK... coming along.. I have updated to latest build 2.2.1+build.2018.10.23.17.41.07.391045c79

Disabled all the old UDDE stuff, and enabled the CBPM plugin , imported all the old message, set it to internal, and everything seems OK.

UNTIL I logged in as admin and tried to message a regular user.
Upon selecting the "send private message' in their profile, I got this error:

Not Found
The requested URL /en/cb-profile/pluginclass/pms.mypmspro was not found on this server.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn