User Changes Email - Update Acymail

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308481 by bins
Is it possible to create a trigger that if a member changes their email address their email subscription is also updated?

If not possible, can we get notification of when a member changes their email?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308491 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Changes Email - Update Acymail
CB stores the email address in the Joomla user object, which also fires normal Joomla user store triggers. AcyMailing should be able to listen to those events and update the user accordingly. If it doesn't yes you could just act on the after user update and after update user triggers like the following example to check if email changed.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUpdateUser, onAfterUserUpdate
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var1_email] Not Equal To [var3_email]

I'm guessing you'll need to use the Code action with Method set to PHP then utilize AcyMailing API to update their AcyMailing user row as the AcyMailing action just subscribes/unsubscribes users to/from selected newsletters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn