PMS Notifications

5 years 4 months ago #309199 by bins
Replied by bins on topic PMS Notifications
Kyle,

can I ask a little favour, please?

I know I need to create a link for the language override and it should include &return=, but I have no idea how to structure the URL.

Can you please advise me where to look to show me how to create a link that takes you to login and then the inbox?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309203 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS Notifications

I know I need to create a link for the language override and it should include &return=, but I have no idea how to structure the URL.

You won't be able to include &return= as that needs to be a base64 encoded URL of where you want to return them to, which you won't be able to do dynamically from a Custom HTML field.

Can you please advise me where to look to show me how to create a link that takes you to login and then the inbox?

There's no such link available. Have added a feature ticket to change the redirect on the messages page to just send to login instead of home page.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7379

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309207 by bins
So, it is not possible to create a link to take people directly to the inbox or PMS via login, if needed?

5 years 4 months ago #309209 by bins
BTW, in FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE there is an unused [message] that shows up in the email

5 years 4 months ago #309213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS Notifications
There's 2 notification email bodies. 1 with the message included and 1 without. The [message] is not unused for that string.

So, it is not possible to create a link to take people directly to the inbox or PMS via login, if needed?

It's possible to take them directly to their messages, but if they're not logged in it'll give them an access permission error and send them to the home page. Use the below URL to link to their messages page.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=messages

The feature ticket above I'll be changing that redirect to send them to login instead of home and set the &return= for the login URL so it sends them back to their messages after logging in. Should make that experience more use friendly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309220 by bins
Thanks for this.

As agreed, most people will not be logged in, so I have changed the message to go to login, where they will see the indicator.

Re the message email, this is what it looks like:

xxxx has replied to your private message.

[message] NOTE: This email was automatically generated from xxx (https://xxxx).

I guess [message] should not be there.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds