Create Connect Button For Member Search List

5 years 3 months ago #309888 by bins
You previously guided me to create a field I call 'Connected To Me'. This field displays whether a member is connected/not connected to me in a member list.

Here is the code I use:

$cbConnection = new cbConnection( '[user_id]' );

return ( $cbConnection->isConnected( '[cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /]' ) ? 'CONNECTED' : 'NOT CONNECTED' );

How can I edit this so rather than just indicating if connected/not connected, if I am not connected, there is a link/button to connect (instead of Not Connected)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create Connect Button For Member Search List
Add a button with an onclick or a href with the following URL to establish a connection.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=addconnection&connectionid=USER_ID_HERE

Example as follows.

<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=addconnection&connectionid=[user_id]" class="btn btn-success">Request Connection</a>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309944 by bins
Kyle,

wonderful, as always.

I have used the code as suggested:

$cbConnection = new cbConnection( '[user_id]' );

return ( $cbConnection->isConnected( '[cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /]' ) ? 'CONNECTED' : '<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=addconnection&connectionid=[user_id]" class="btn btn-success">Request Connection</a>' );

One issue, though. When I click the button, it shows me as connected with the member, however, on the member page it shows as 'Pending'. Does the code need a parameter to indicate the pending state?

5 years 3 months ago #309947 by krileon

Does the code need a parameter to indicate the pending state?

Nope, it should say "Connection Pending Acceptance!" unless you've mutual consent turned off in CB > Configuration > Connections in which case it should say "Connection Successfully Added!".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #309979 by bins
Mutual consent is on.

When I click the new connect button, it takes me to their profile and says 'Connection Pending Acceptance!'.

When the other person searches for me (in a list or on my profile), it gives them the option to 'Accept' or 'Reject' me.

When I go to the list and search for them, it says we are connected (not 'awaiting' or 'requested' etc), even though they have not physically accepted me.

5 years 2 months ago #309989 by krileon

When I go to the list and search for them, it says we are connected (not 'awaiting' or 'requested' etc), even though they have not physically accepted me.

isConnected just checks if a connection exists. Use isConnectionAccepted if you want to make sure the connection was accepted.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn