messages auto action

4 years 10 months ago #312834 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic messages auto action
The onAfterUserUpdate is triggered anytime a user store is made; it doesn't matter where from. To act on profile update only you need to use onAfterUserProfileSaved, but you can't compare user value changes in that trigger. If you need to condition against a field value change then you'll need to have 2 auto actions acting on onAfterUserUpdate with your message auto action (just a Code action with Method set to "Message (Message Queue)") conditioning against the view using [get_view] Equal To saveuseredit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313054 by AlecsRU
Replied by AlecsRU on topic messages auto action
Please explain in more detail how to do this

krileon wrote: The onAfterUserUpdate is triggered anytime a user store is made; it doesn't matter where from. To act on profile update only you need to use onAfterUserProfileSaved, but you can't compare user value changes in that trigger. If you need to condition against a field value change then you'll need to have 2 auto actions acting on onAfterUserUpdate with your message auto action (just a Code action with Method set to "Message (Message Queue)") conditioning against the view using [get_view] Equal To saveuseredit.

4 years 9 months ago #313057 by krileon
If you only want this to apply to frontend profile edit save then take your existing auto action and add the following condition.

[get_view] Equal To saveuseredit

If you want the auto action to apply to every profile edit save then don't add the condition, but make a copy of your current auto action. Next in that copy change its type to Code and add the above condition to it. Now set Method to Message (Message Queue) under Action and for Code supply your message (e.g. You are granted access to the training program). This should cause the first auto action to happen on any profile update while the message one only applies to frontend profile edit save.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313063 by AlecsRU
Replied by AlecsRU on topic messages auto action
Do not understand how to put this condition. In the tab "Conditions" box only and did not understand where to insert "saveuseredit".

krileon wrote: If you only want this to apply to frontend profile edit save then take your existing auto action and add the following condition.

[get_view] Equal To saveuseredit

If you want the auto action to apply to every profile edit save then don't add the condition, but make a copy of your current auto action. Next in that copy change its type to Code and add the above condition to it. Now set Method to Message (Message Queue) under Action and for Code supply your message (e.g. You are granted access to the training program). This should cause the first auto action to happen on any profile update while the message one only applies to frontend profile edit save.

4 years 9 months ago #313064 by krileon
Under conditions create the following to condition against the view.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [get_view]
Operator: Equal To
Value: saveuseredit

This will ensure when you're acting on onAfterUserUpdate it only applies to frontend user edit save.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn