Family Plan / Group Plan option as part of core CBSubs

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314358 by krileon
What is the feature called in Membership Pro? I'm not seeing any mention of "family" or "share" on that page or in their documentation.

Edit: Nevermind it's called Group Membership and is similar to what I've in mind for CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315920 by AlexRag
I thought I'd check in to see if there are any progress updates for the Family Plan / group Plan option for CBSubs.

4 years 3 months ago #315927 by krileon
Nope, CB Quickstart just released. I won't be starting anything until after the holidays. So I'll be starting CBSubs Family Plan integration beginning of next week assuming no urgent issues with CB Quickstart.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

4 years 2 months ago #315980 by krileon
I believe you'll be happy to know that I've now begun initial design phase of the CBSubs Family Plans integration. No idea when it will be done exactly, but it's finally happening. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 2 months ago #315981 by AlexRag
That is awesome, Kyle! I am really looking forward to it! Thanks for the update and Happy New Year.
You'll be happy to know I have taken advantage of your special deal and recently added another year to my subscription. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 1 month ago #316659 by krileon
CBSubs Family Plans is now available in the latest CBSubs build as of today. Once installed simply edit your plans and under Integrations > Family Plans you can enable the sharing functionality for a plan. This only works for subscriptions at this time. The amount of times a plan can be shared can be based off the value of a field or a fixed amount.

The way it works is once a subscription is purchased your users will find a Share Subscription button above the unsubscribe/renew buttons of that subscription in their subscriptions tab. Once clicked they'll be taken to the share management page. There they can send out emails to share the subscription. If users already have an account they should login then click the accept link otherwise it will send them to registration. Once a user accepts the shared subscription all integration events (e.g. plan activate) and all activate behavior for that subscription will trigger for that user. All state changes to the subscription will propagate to anyone the subscription is shared to. The only thing that won't work is CBSubs Mailer for shared subscriptions because those subscriptions don't actually exist in database for the shared users. Users can cancel their shared subscription at any time as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn