Deleting uploaded files

4 years 9 months ago #313177 by AlecsRU
Deleting uploaded files was created by AlecsRU
Users upload scans of documents. I would like to periodically remove from the server for security purposes. On the server, scans of documents are stored in folders with the name of the user id number in the images directory. I tested deleting files and folders with ID. The work of the site has not yet been affected. Can there be problems in the future? Is there a request to the file when checking auto action or other scripts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Deleting uploaded files
How are they uploading the files? CB Gallery? Image fields? It all really depends on how they were uploaded. For example if uploaded through CB Gallery each has a database entry as well. Image fields the file is only referenced in their _comprofiler user row.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn