Article view only for special category

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316320 by wegda
Hi there i planned a tab names offers(articles) and wanna maybe use th plugin for cb_articles.
1. The tab should only show a special joomla category names Angebote
2. If the offer is only for members it should be marked for members only, or the offers are public so i need a possiblity to select as public/member etc.
3. the users thats gives the offer havent any profession to write joomla articles

Now the question is. Can we realise with fields a mask for post in thats way? (Needed fields are: title, name, company, picture, description, upload/download, url, maybe a choice to select the usergroup,e.g. public or members)

These offers should be public on members tab names offers and visible on the website on a seperated page
I hope that was a clear description of my project?

Im greatfull for any Ideas to do this!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316323 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Article view only for special category

1. The tab should only show a special joomla category names Angebote

Within CB Articles > Parameters > Articles you can select what categories to exclude. You'd have to exclude all of them except your specific category.

2. If the offer is only for members it should be marked for members only, or the offers are public so i need a possiblity to select as public/member etc.

You mean you need to set the access permission for the tab per user? That should be doable using CB Privacy and enabling privacy controls for the Articles tab. If you mean permissions per article then you'd have to use Joomlas built in access functionality for that.

3. the users thats gives the offer havent any profession to write joomla articles

That'd be entirely on Joomla permissions for that. CB Articles just displays links to the articles and nothing more. So in your case you need to be sure to give users the appropriate Joomla usergroup so they've permission to create articles.

Now the question is. Can we realise with fields a mask for post in thats way? (Needed fields are: title, name, company, picture, description, upload/download, url, maybe a choice to select the usergroup,e.g. public or members)

You don't need CB fields for any of that. You'd just use Joomlas built in submit article page.

These offers should be public on members tab names offers and visible on the website on a seperated page

They'd be visible on their profile via CB Articles and visible elsewhere via normal Joomla content menu items or even Joomla article module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn