[SOLVED] Making FlexiStrap Rounded Border Go Away

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316587 by dwgarrett
Hi guys, lame newbie questions, I have flogged diligently searching.

1. I was able to make the rounded border outlines go away for all the Flexistrap modules by setting Module Style to "none."

Is there a similarly simple way to remove the rounded border outline from the Article's main content area?

2. Also in the main content area, I have not been able to stop the "Written by," "Category" "Published" date and "Hits" from appearing. In Article.Edit.Options I set all these to "Hide" or "No," they still appear. I am able to move them to the top or bottom, not breaking the code on switching them off.

3. Is it possible to change the width of the 3 columns...without risking multi-browser, Android etc compatibility? I'm using the "Newsflash" Module on the right in Position-8, still have the defaults on the left in Position-7. I'd like to widen the right column, making the central main content area narrower.

Joom 3.9.15 CB 2.4.3 FlexiStrap 3.0.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316591 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Making FlexiStrap Rounded Border Go Away

1. I was able to make the rounded border outlines go away for all the Flexistrap modules by setting Module Style to "none."

Is there a similarly simple way to remove the rounded border outline from the Article's main content area?

Best way to do that is alter the CSS using the following.

.module,
.maincol {
    border-radius: 0;
}

There's no custom CSS functionality in the template so you'll need to directly add it to or just alter the border radius style in the below CSS file.

/templates/flexistrap/css/template.css

2. Also in the main content area, I have not been able to stop the "Written by," "Category" "Published" date and "Hits" from appearing. In Article.Edit.Options I set all these to "Hide" or "No," they still appear. I am able to move them to the top or bottom, not breaking the code on switching them off.

Don't know what to suggest here. The template is not overriding that behavior. That's entirely controlled by Joomlas content component. Maybe another setting somewhere that you'll need to adjust in your Joomla menu item or in Joomlas content component.

3. Is it possible to change the width of the 3 columns...without risking multi-browser, Android etc compatibility? I'm using the "Newsflash" Module on the right in Position-8, still have the defaults on the left in Position-7. I'd like to widen the right column, making the central main content area narrower.

Not without altering the Bootstrap classes used in the templates index.php. The alternative is to set the template "Variable or Fixed Width Layout" parameter to "Variable" so the template will use as much space as it can.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dwgarrett

4 years 2 months ago #316605 by dwgarrett
Replied by dwgarrett on topic Making FlexiStrap Rounded Border Go Away
Thank you Krileon!

I also changed:

.module, .maincol { border: solid 1px #ddd; }

to

.module, .maincol { border: 0; }

..which did the trick!

Here with my first css edit under my belt, I feel qualified to wreak havoc!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn