CB GroupJive outside use

3 years 10 months ago #319105 by activha
CB GroupJive outside use was created by activha
Hello

We would need your advice on the following :

We want to develop a button to be displayed on external customers websites whose objective is to display elements from a GroupJive group (users, activities and events) together with one or two actions button

Ideally the button would open a pop up window on the external website and everything would be done in this window until an external link has been clicked

Kind of Zendesk or Facebook button

Knowing that you will move to other JS libraries, what would you suggest for such a thing ?

Do you think that it's ok to rely on jQuery and Bootstrap 4 for all this ? should we use another mix ?

Ideally we would have a CB code field on a CB user profile that our user would only have to copy paste, linked to an autoaction for opening or displaying something and a secret word.

Before going further and writing some requirements for devs I'd like your ideas ?
(I guess that you are still not available for such coding ;-) )

Thanks in advance
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319110 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GroupJive outside use

Ideally the button would open a pop up window on the external website and everything would be done in this window until an external link has been clicked

You can probably just open a link to CB GroupJive as component only. This is done by adding &tmpl=component to the URL. Once they interact with any links on that component output it will convert to the full site. This should all just be doable with simple onclick new window popup usage. Example as follows using our demo site.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-groupjive/all-groups?tmpl=component

This still loads all the necessary headers, but suppresses everything except the component output. It's template driven so you can customize it further in your Joomla template component.php file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

3 years 10 months ago #319204 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB GroupJive outside use
I was thinking at using something like this in order to have an available script to our customers, then a js file loading something.

On this blog they use Preact to fetch some json data.

As a first step, what would be great would be to only enclose the GJ component page into the widget. Then if we get more money to invest, we may go to getting json from CB and build a more interactive widget.

I remember you talked about moving CB to vue.js.

Do you have any suggestion about this ? according to you is a widget loading an iframe or GJ as component something feasible ?
Do you think we should go directly to loading json in the widget html using some js library ? jquery or vue ?

Our idea is to propose something that our customers will be able to install on their own outside website (loading their GJ owned groups)

I am still trying to figure out what would be the simplest to start with

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319205 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GroupJive outside use
I've never built a JS widget before so I can't say specifically how to approach this best. The best I can suggest is how to implement your own JSON endpoint using CB Auto Actions, but even with that you are still going to have to code the output using a Code action or output the results of a Query action for example. To do this with CB Auto Actions you'd just have the below.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: PHP
Code:
return json_encode( MY_JSON_HERE );
Output
Display: JSON

You can then use the URL under Global to call the auto action.whatever your PHP code sends for its return.

I remember you talked about moving CB to vue.js.

That's not happening anytime soon. Especially since COVD-19 has significantly pushed development timelines.

according to you is a widget loading an iframe or GJ as component something feasible ?

You can use an iframe now with the &tmpl=component usage explained above. You can use component output for whatever you want. It could just be a Joomla article with modules embedded in it if you wanted.

Do you think we should go directly to loading json in the widget html using some js library ? jquery or vue ?

I have no idea. I've never made a widget or looked into making a widget. It's not something we're planning on implementing.

I am still trying to figure out what would be the simplest to start with

Probably just an iframe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #319207 by activha
Thanks for your answers I'll try to go the iframe way loaded in a js widget.

I'll let you know :-)

3 years 9 months ago #319236 by activha
Another question:
Do you think that we could use CB Package Manager to configure a script file to be downloaded by some subscribed group ?
Ideally we would need to add some CB fields in the script file to configure it with the CB username and CB userid for instance, and also configure the link to the script to include the CB user id or some GJ group useid
Is all this feasible with CB Package Manager ?
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn