Canvas gallery little problems

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320626 by ericmuc
Hi,
I have copied some unplashed images into the canvas gallery and have some problems by handling this with ajax tooltip editing in frontend. Generally it works well, but the new image positioning is loading only after browser refresh. See this link to a screen video: iqbox.cloud/index.php/s/4KCoiJqm2ANyX5t

(Note: if the cursor goes to the left top corner, a browser refresh was made)

Password for the link I sent to you by pm.
Could you take a look, whether something could be improved, so that this works well in any matter?

Thanks
Best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320634 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas gallery little problems
Works fine on our demo site below. My best guess is there are no gallery images available, you've a JS conflict preventing the gallery selection from displaying, or you've a CSS conflict causing the gallery to remain hidden. Are there any fatal JS errors (they'll be red) present in your browsers developer tools (press F12 to open) under the Console tab?

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Note custom canvas gallery images should be placed in the below location unless the path parameter has been supplied to point to a different folder.

/images/comprofiler/gallery/canvas

They should be of type jpg, png, or gif and have alphanumeric filenames. Ideally you should also supply a thumbnail for each gallery image. Thumbnails should be smaller with an approach 100px height and be named the same as full size except prefixed with "tn".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320639 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Canvas gallery little problems
Hi,
I have simple said following error:
1) The user choose a new canvas image from the gallery, save and it is all ok
2) The user want to change the image instandly and opens again the tooltip frontend edit of canvas and the gallery doesn't appear anymore.
I have only following JS message in the console:

jquery.migrate.min.js?v=d8503203865e73f5:1 JQMIGRATE: jQuery.attrFn is deprecated

So I need a little gallery for canvas, I can add 700x200px images into the gallery, so that no reposition image is needed. But the gallery should be shown multiple times without make a browser refresh. Is that possible?
Thanks, best regards
Eric

3 years 7 months ago #320652 by krileon
Ah, ok. Misunderstood what the issue was. Was able to confirm. Seams like the JS just stops working for some strange reason. Have added a bug ticket for further investigation. Guess it wasn't common enough for someone to edit, save, edit as this bug has to of been around for awhile.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8174

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320653 by krileon
Ok, this is now fixed in latest CB Core Fields Ajax release. Same bug was present in image, video, audio, and file fields dropdown selector. The jQuery wasn't rebinding properly on ajax output after the first display. It now properly binds each time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

3 years 7 months ago #320655 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Canvas gallery little problems
Woah, that is really fantastic, problem solved, great and very very thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn