Drop Down list entries per country?

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320646 by ericmuc
Drop Down list entries per country? was created by ericmuc
Hi,
I need a drop down list with entries which are different regarding the country of the user.
Any idea how to manage this in the best manner with CB?
Thank you.
Best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320656 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Drop Down list entries per country?
So you need to condition the dropdown options based off the users country? Best way to do that is CB Query Field or CB Code Field then use a Query Select to build a dropdown list from a custom database query or a Code Select to build a dropdown list from custom PHP code. Another option is to use the Autocomplete feature from either of those plugins to add a autocomplete dropdown to a text field, which tends to be more user friendly instead of a potentially giant select list.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320693 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Drop Down list entries per country?
Hi,
I have an autocomplete country list now and a tooltip text. In mobile view unfortunately the tooltip is below the input field and covers the result list.
Do you have an idea to solve this problem? Please check.
(probably it would be nice to have a feature to change here the tooltip to "above" of the input field)
Thanks, best regards
Eric

3 years 6 months ago #320703 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Drop Down list entries per country?
The tooltips displays anywhere it has space. So this can be above, below, or even to the sides. There is no functionality for changing this at this time. You can opt to just not use tooltips by setting "Input Description" to "No" under Parameters > Layouts then adjust "Icons Display" to display "Info Text", which will just render the description as text or optionally use the layout parameters above to place the text wherever you like or set it to only show "Info Icon" so the tooltip is optional on tap/click of the info icon.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn