Search with upper and lower case

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320935 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Search with upper and lower case
Hi,
Thanks, good,

Only to following I have a question:

BUT: if the user has set searched data privacy to not public the Joomla search don't find the user

That's working as expected. The search shouldn't output users who you don't have permission to view.

I mean only fields with private setting, not the whole profile.

If someone searches for a string in a private set field:

1) the CB list shows the profile in search results
2) Joomla search with your plugin don't shows the profile in search

What is the best function? Public search possibility for strings which the user has set private is not good, I think. So he can be spied on. On the other side it shows the profile without the data and the searcher knows, that he can contact this user.

What do you think? Best would be to can make a setting in the backend for this.

Best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320939 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search with upper and lower case
When searching for users private information is to be ignored. This should already be the case for every field in CB when searching a userlist. The exception is direct access to a profile is allowed even if private, which is toggled with the "Direct Access" parameter in CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy > Profile and should be default Disable.

However in your case you're searching fields inside of a field group. Those don't have privacy controls. Only the field group itself does and is likely where this bug is coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn