Lastname privacy

3 years 6 months ago #320924 by ericmuc
Lastname privacy was created by ericmuc
Hi,

I need to have lastname (from the system) setting privacy by the user. He shall decide whether public can only see his first name.

That is not possible in my setting. I set private to lastname but it is shown in public.

What can I do?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lastname privacy
The default display override is taking over and doing that. Probably doesn't make sense to have that for that field. Will remove for a new build release sometime today. Only need default display override for canvas, avatar, and formatname fields and will remove the others.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320936 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Lastname privacy
Hi,
Thanks! Now I can set the last name to private and he is not shown anymore in public view.
But if in the configuration is set name format to "Name only" the last name is still shown there.

Thanks and best regards
Eric

PS: I would wish to have a further function for the last name like in Linkedin: to set the last name public only to the first letter.

3 years 6 months ago #320938 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lastname privacy

But if in the configuration is set name format to "Name only" the last name is still shown there.

That controls what the Formatname field displays. That field is used externally outside of profile so it will have a default display override of showing the name, but it won't link to profile if privacy is blocking profile access. You can use the layout parameters to better customize what Formatname field displays as well.

PS: I would wish to have a further function for the last name like in Linkedin: to set the last name public only to the first letter.

We've no functionality for this. You'd need to implement that yourself probably using a CB Code Field to use PHP to only return the first letter of the last name. It might be a simple addition though since we've a global function for formatting name. Have added a feature ticket to look into this for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8203

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds