Validation field in field group

3 years 5 months ago #321275 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Validation field in field group
Splitting profile edit up will be possible in a future release. It's not off the table or anything, but it's not a priority either. We first need to rewrite the 5+ year old code powering profiles then we can consider things like that. We're currently working on doing exactly that; rewriting all the code under the hood so we can better support features like this.

A lot of things need to improve to split profiles. For example field validation just doesn't work that way. Profile edit save process validates against all fields in CB > Field Management. So splitting profile edit right now is a hacky workaround that CB Profile Pro is likely doing, which is the same hacky workaround CB Conditional does.

That's why I just don't have a perfect solution for you. Your options are to condition things with CB Conditional or use CB Profile Pro. That's all that's available for now. I do not know when profile splitting will be possible either as we have years of code to rewrite.

I've outlined a bit about what direction we plan to take CB in my below blog post.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18895-what-am-i-working-on-15

We do plan to try and support modern web application capabilities. While most of our frontend will still be SSR (server side rendering) using Twig templates our backend will provide appropriate API for anyone who wants to develop SPA (single page application).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn