Captcha

2 years 9 months ago #325524 by stough
Captcha was created by stough
I can not login to my site. The Captcha does not accept the answer provided.

I cannot login as an admin (superuser).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325526 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Captcha
Is your login issue explicitly caused by captcha? Unpublish CB AntiSpam in CB > Plugin Management and confirm if you can now log in.

I do not recommend using question based captcha for logins. In fact I do not recommend using captcha at all for logins as it's a significant annoyance for users with no benefits and is why it's default disabled. You can disable login captcha in CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Captcha > Legacy. Recommend only using captcha for registrations which you can do with the captcha field in CB > Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stough

2 years 9 months ago #325527 by stough
Replied by stough on topic Captcha
How do I disable it when I can't get into the site?

2 years 9 months ago #325528 by krileon
Are you not able to login to backend? If not what errors are you seeing? CB AntiSpam captcha does not work in backend so if you're seeing captcha in backend it's not coming from CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325530 by stough
Replied by stough on topic Captcha
I can't get into the backend through this link.

[REMOVED]

2 years 9 months ago #325531 by krileon
Do not post login credentials here. These are public forums. CB cannot block backend. Your issue has nothing to do with CB.

Your backend is protected with htaccess login and your credentials do not work there. Is that the login you're having issues with? If so use FTP and delete .htaccess in the /administrator folder if it exists. Either you created that or something you installed did (Admin Tools can do that).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds