CB Paid Subscriptions Assisitance Please!

2 years 9 months ago #325591 by tony3372
Dear Senior members

I have now upgraded to developer level, thank you!

My query, refers to paid subscriptions of which I will replicate the issue below.

I have member levels Paid Subscriber and Registered, the small issue I have is when a member joins and pays, the level attributed to them is BOTH Paid Subscriber Level and Registered.
What I need is for them to be Paid Subscriber level solely.

Info! Registered members who do not pay, works fine they only get registered level.

The result currently is paid subscriber see pages, info, modules etc, for 'both' Paid Subscriber Level and Registered Level.

I seem to be missing something, how and where exactly would I rectify this?

Thank you in advance.

Tony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325594 by beat
Hi tony,
May I ask why you would remove the users from the Registered user-group when they upgrade ?

Joomla allows users to have multiple groups, and removing a user form the Registered user group may prevent many basic user rights (e.g. being able to login). The only reason that I could see is to prevent upgraded users from doing some actions or views that non-registered users are allowed to.

So I would first of all question the reason to want to remove the users from the Registered group, and instead maybe create another group e.g. FreeUsers group for what you want to do by removing rights to free users. And in that case, it works as intended, which is following, and that I just re-tested with both global settings "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" set to Yes and to No :

CBSubs itself doesn't have the funcitonality to remove a user from a user-group on subscription, but on unsubscription or upgrade, it does it if the usergroup is set there (except for the "Registered" group to protect admins from incorrect configurations). So if your plan is exclusive and you have an exclusive plan for free members that upgrades with another group than Registered, them to Registered, it removes the user-group on upgrade.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 9 months ago #325596 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Paid Subscriptions Assisitance Please!
Only way to do that is CB Auto Actions. The below can be used with any action type. So for example with a usergroup action. This will give you a lot more control over usergroup assignment based off subscription.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Value: A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Custom Value: [var3]
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: A

However as Beat mentioned you need to be careful with this as users may lose permissions. So I recommend the following usergroup structure if you plan on doing this.

Registered
- Paid Users

This allows Paid Users to inherit the Registered permissions. Next edit your view access levels and be use the Registered view access level includes the Paid Users usergroup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325599 by tony3372
Replied by tony3372 on topic CB Paid Subscriptions Assisitance Please!
Thank you so far for your assistance, allow me to explain further,

Currently when a member pays they are getting access to Paid group and also registered group, I just want them to show in paid member group.

Registered members get access to the website as normal however some articles are only visible to paid members, so works pretty much as I feel it was designed for.

However I have modules set to registered members group on the site that advertise opportunities for members to upgrade to paid member group and on articles I have modules set for registered group that say 'You must upgrade to view this level'.

The main problem with this is when a member does upgrade to Paid Member group the modules that advertise to upgrade are at registered group level, thus means paid members see (registered group modules) advertisements to upgrade which confuses paid members.

To get around this when a member pays, I have to manually in admin remove them as registered group and keep them solely as Paid Member group. When members pay through the night I am not available to edit levels manually.

On my website when I have edited them to paid member only they have full access to all registered member and Paid member articles, but NOT modules set at registered group.

What maybe confusing is I am saying levels, but I mean groups. When a member pays I want them to be just a paid member group, not paid member group and registered group.

Maybe there is another way around this, I have basic web design level.

Thank you for you help

Tony

PS Just a bit of background

I have 91514 Members
69615 registered group members
1533 paid group members
and the remaining members in various other groups levels as I have over 200 groups/levels some members have access to specific free pages.

2 years 9 months ago #325600 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Paid Subscriptions Assisitance Please!
Letting CB Auto Actions control the usergroups instead of CBSubs will work around that issue as then you can remove the Registered usergroup when giving them the Paid usergroup. Your other option is to have a setup like the following.

Plans:
Free Lifetime
Paid

Usergroups:
Register
- Free
- Paid

The free plan gives the free usergroup and the paid plan gives the paid usergroup. You'd then assign content using new view access levels that include the specific usergroup you want to have access. The issue with this is if you don't want that extra free lifetime plan then your only option is to use the CB Auto Actions approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325606 by tony3372
Replied by tony3372 on topic CB Paid Subscriptions Assisitance Please!
Ok excellent my bad! I did not realise you could do this through auto action, I purchased and starting using subscription before I upgraded to auto action, so not as familiar with auto action other than auto email, by chance is there any documentation or reference on setting up new auto actions such as things like this please.

As always thank you on advance.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn