PayPal payment still randomly not being recognized by CBSubs

2 years 8 months ago #325992 by boyjahq
As per other posts, we are still having an issue with PayPal payments not being recognized or processed by CBSubs. Maybe 1 out of every 5 subscriptions that pay via PayPal are not triggering properly in CBSubs and we cannot find any kind of consistent pattern that would help us to understand the cause. In these cases, the payment transaction is successful and the payment basket shows as completed and the subscription is active, but the membership plan activation actions are not being triggered. None of the settings and data modifications for a new paid user are being carried out. To compound the issue, it is very difficult to manually activate the subscription when Community Builder/CBSubs shows the subscription as active and the payment basket as completed, but the user is not enabled, has not been assigned to the expected user group, activation email is not sent and the other plan integrations have not been triggered.

CBSubs is version 4.5.2+build.2021.06.25.17.09.42.53205149f

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325993 by krileon
Is there anything common between the users that it's failing on? Things like UTF8 characters in name, username, or email or even the time of day those are being paid. Are you receiving IPNs from PayPal regarding those payments in CBSubs > Notifications? Any errors or further information regarding that basket in CBSubs > History Log?

In these cases, the payment transaction is successful and the payment basket shows as completed and the subscription is active, but the membership plan activation actions are not being triggered.

To compound the issue, it is very difficult to manually activate the subscription when Community Builder/CBSubs shows the subscription as active and the payment basket as completed, but the user is not enabled, has not been assigned to the expected user group, activation email is not sent and the other plan integrations have not been triggered.

These 2 statements are confusing me. So the subscription is becoming active, but none of its integrations are firing? This sounds like something is interrupting and messing with the user store process. It is likely entirely related to your below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/244213-1062-duplicate-entry-xxx-xxx-com-for-key-email-unique#325990

If that's happening also during the PayPal payments that's a fatal SQL error and will stop everything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn