Pending approval

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #327218 by galanopd
Pending approval was created by galanopd
Is there a way to make all fields a user can edit to be in a pending approval status after edited by the user?
In other words, whatever a user changes, to change after a moderator approves that change.
So a user can't change anything without approval.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #327226 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pending approval
No, there isn't account wide re-approval. There is only individual field approval for image fields. We'll be addressing this sometime in CB 3.x with support for approval on any field type. I suppose it's possible to implement this somewhat using CB Auto Actions, but you'd have to temporarily disable their account by making their entire account unapproved again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327237 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Pending approval

I suppose it's possible to implement this somewhat using CB Auto Actions,

Any example would be much appreciated

2 years 4 months ago #327251 by krileon
You would have to be ok with completely disabling their account. Is that what you're wanting? They won't be able to login and will be logged out after making changes to those fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327277 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Pending approval
Yes, project runs on a local server with only sample users, so not an issue.

Thank you

2 years 4 months ago #327284 by krileon
The below can be used to perform any action on a field value change.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_FIELD_NAME]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: [var3_FIELD_NAME]

Replace FIELD_NAME with the name of the field you want to condition against. Next lets combine this with a Code action to disable their account in the below example.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_cb_address]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: [var3_cb_address]
Action
Method: PHP
Code:
$user->set( 'block', 1 );
$user->set( 'approved', 0 );
$user->store();

The above example should block their account and mark it pending moderator approval if the cb_address field is changed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds