CB Gallery video link validation

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #327327 by activha
Hello

I have unset allow links for all gallery settings except for video and checked that all menu and tabs were set to same as global.

However it seems that I can add any link to a standard page/website which shows in gallery without validation of the extension.

I thought that only youtube and vimeo were allowed at this time

Can you tell me if there are some settings elsewhere that CB Gallery to check ? version 2.5.0+build.2021.11.26.16.05.54.63cc23287

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327332 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery video link validation
That sounds like a bug. Have added a bug ticket to look into it further. It supports linking to any URL with valid media, but it shouldn't be accepting some random page and still should validate the media type.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8791

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #327335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery video link validation
This is now fixed. It will reject all links with an html content type in its header that doesn't match a trusted source. This breaks a few things, but it can't be helped for now. The idea was you could provide a link to an imgur page for example and it'd parse that into a media link, but it will reject this now since it's more strict. Will review adding more trusted sources in the future, but for now html links are only accepted from youtube and vimeo.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn