CB Activity to GroupJive data

2 years 4 months ago #327328 by activha
CB Activity to GroupJive data was created by activha
Hello

I have read this post www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/243463-how-to-get-link-and-other-variables-from-groupjive-stream?start=0#322642 and would like to send data from CB Activity to CB Groupjive once a post is made.

So on the trigger, var3 would get me all the info from the new post but how can I get the $source to be GroupJive ? and especially GroupJive event as I'd like to insert a new event directly from Activity ?
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'activity_onAfterCreateStreamActivity', array( $stream, $source, $row ) );

Is this possible at this stage ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #327336 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity to GroupJive data
What do you mean send info to GJ? You need to be more specific about what you're wanting to do. No, CB Activity is not going to be aware of GJ existing in an activity post that did not originate from GJ. The point of $source is it's the source of the activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327367 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity to GroupJive data
I have set a new button named proposed_campaign which is saved by activity_onBeforeCreateStreamActivity .

This button allows to link a video to the Gallery and should change the asset name of the activity to campaigns.(activity_id)

I was thinking at using the trigger gallery_onAfterCreateGalleryItem to use the data of the new link to create an event in a GJ special group with id 56.

Up to now that is ok but how can I create a new event with the data ? is there any other trigger that I could chain to create an event of should I simply use a DB query to add it ?

2 years 4 months ago #327371 by krileon
Just create the event the same time you handle the saving of the activity. Shouldn't need to bother with using a trigger, but if you insist then probably just handle that on activity_onAfterCreateStreamActivity and condition against the asset.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327397 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity to GroupJive data
ok !
For event creation, do you have DB functions in CB that I can use to store the data directly in the DB ? or do you think that I could use for instance the saveEventEdit function from component.cbgroupjiveevents.php ?

2 years 4 months ago #327401 by krileon
All of our tables have a table class. GJ Events is as follows.

\CB\Plugin\GroupJiveEvents\Table\EventTable

I suppose you could also just directly store in the database as well using a Query action.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn