CB Activity to GroupJive data

2 years 4 months ago #327419 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity to GroupJive data
Yes Query action is the easiest but I have a question regarding GJ Events and Gallery

Do you plan a way to show gallery items in events ?

For instance, if I have a multimedia link in my activity, it is then registered in Gallery and linked to Activity with an id. Then do I have to retrieve the value in #__comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items with the id by another select SQL query or is there a simpler way to display it in events ?

I use
INSERT INTO `#__groupjive_plugin_events` (`published`, `params`, `user_id`, `group`, `title`, `event`, `location`) VALUES (1, '{\"drophscat\":\"50\"}', [user_id], 56, '[var3_params_campaign]', '[var3_params_gallery]', 'internet');

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #327424 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity to GroupJive data

Do you plan a way to show gallery items in events ?

No.

For instance, if I have a multimedia link in my activity, it is then registered in Gallery and linked to Activity with an id. Then do I have to retrieve the value in #__comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items with the id by another select SQL query or is there a simpler way to display it in events ?

I guess you could try rendering a new gallery inside of an event if the asset is specific to that event. Use the gj_onDisplayEvent trigger to extend the events display.

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'gj_onDisplayEvent', array( &$row, &$menu, $group, $user ) );

There's not much options for placement though. It puts any returned output into the footer of the event.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327429 by activha
You mean storing the gallery item id in the event params like gallery:[150] and using this on a Gallery autoaction ?

But in this case how can I retrieve the element ? there are only create and delete as option.

And displaying a gallery with an asset like gallery.[var1_params_gallery] does not work either

2 years 4 months ago #327433 by krileon

You mean storing the gallery item id in the event params like gallery:[150] and using this on a Gallery autoaction ?

No, your gallery entry should be content aware. This means the gallery entry should have an asset relative to its content. The below would be valid for an event gallery entry.

groupjive.group.GROUP_ID.event.EVENT_ID

You'd then just display a gallery with an asset of groupjive.group.[var1_group].event.[var1_id] using a Gallery auto action on the gj_onDisplayEvent trigger. This is the entire purpose of the asset. it describes where something belongs and to what.

And displaying a gallery with an asset like gallery.[var1_params_gallery] does not work either

Because you're trying to use a specific custom internal implementation in CB Activity elsewhere. That won't work. That was specifically designed for CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327435 by activha
OK I see :-)

the gallery entry should have an asset relative to its content.

How can I achieve this when the gallery item is added in the activity ?
With a Gallery Trigger ?

2 years 4 months ago #327437 by krileon
Simply put you can't. The gallery entry belongs to that activity entry. It does not belong to your event. This is why I specifically said it'd be best for you to completely implement your own set of features with your feature button for whatever storage behavior you need. You're trying to use things where they don't belong for situations they weren't designed for.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn