CB Gallery - Expanded External Video Support

2 years 3 months ago #327363 by gkanks
I see in the description of the CB Gallery module that you can reference, and I assume play in an embedded way, a YouTube video. As a few other video platforms start to gain traction are their any plans to support video streaming from Rumble, LBRY or Locals?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327377 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery - Expanded External Video Support
Only Youtube and Vimeo are marked as trusted sources at this time. It's possible other platforms will be added in future releases. Facebook and Twitch video embeds I believe are currently the only planned trusted sources to add right now. For audio files we'll be looking into supporting some common music sites as well (e.g. soundcloud, spotify, etc..). All our products are open source so I suppose there's also the option of just modifying the code to allow whatever site you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #327380 by gkanks
Thank you for the update. Since YT is heavy into content creation we are likely to see Rumble and others rise in usage over the next year so might be worth considering for the roadmap.

If I update the code to the module to support one of these platforms is there a way to protect that change while receiving updates for it?

2 years 3 months ago #327383 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery - Expanded External Video Support

Thank you for the update. Since YT is heavy into content creation we are likely to see Rumble and others rise in usage over the next year so might be worth considering for the roadmap.

Which are supported depends entirely on how much time I have to invest into supporting them. YouTube for example is incredibly easy. Simple regexp rule to grab video code, simple GET call to grab description, and done. Vimeo requires a bunch of extra steps for same basic information, but is popular enough to warrant the integration. The more complex it is to implement and less well known the site is basically means I won't implement it since it's not worth the added maintenance. Rumble at least uses JSON-LD so it'd be easy enough to parse the necessary information from that so I suppose it's possible in the future it could be supported.

If I update the code to the module to support one of these platforms is there a way to protect that change while receiving updates for it?

Nope, core modifications will be lost on upgrade. Suggest maintaining your own branch in a private GIT repository and deal with any merging conflicts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gkanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn