[SOLVED] Template creation

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 1 month ago #220568 by agouldtdc
[SOLVED] Template creation was created by agouldtdc
I am trying to find a guide on how to create a template for CB Subs. Is there one please?

I am having problems with the rounded one and am not sure how to modify the default.

I just want to add some fairly simple CSS. I have copied the rounded template folder and am making some progress with this but a guide would be most helpful.

TIA

Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #220588 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Template creation

I am trying to find a guide on how to create a template for CB Subs. Is there one please?

Nope.

I am having problems with the rounded one and am not sure how to modify the default.

Can you be more specific as to what your problems are?

I just want to add some fairly simple CSS. I have copied the rounded template folder and am making some progress with this but a guide would be most helpful.

We don't provide coding guides. You're working with HTML, CSS, and in some cases basic PHP; there's nothing to guide or document. You can find HTML, CSS, and PHP tutorials below.

www.w3schools.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #220614 by agouldtdc
Replied by agouldtdc on topic Template creation
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the tutorials at w3schools, Sitepoint etc.

I am trying to configure the membership plans on the registration page to match the layout used to describe the plans elsewhere on the site. Each is styled using simple CSS.

I would also like to have two columns because we have membership plans for indvididuals and groups. For clarity I would like to list the plans for individuals in a left column and those for groups in the right. Since the registration page is where clients sign up and is the second page they see (the home being the first) it is essential that it is clear.

The default template layout lists the plans one after the other. The Rounded one uses graphics, but as I posted before these do not have transparent backgrounds and therefore are not suitable for any page that does not have a white background. I did create a new graphic with a transparent background but this still does not work properly. The CSS is scrolling the part of the image used for the middle above and below.

When I asked for a guide what I mean is an overview of how the default and/or Rounded templates are constructed so I can modify them. I am not asking for a step-by-step tutorial on CSS/HTML/PHP. I have licences for other tools and components that provide source code but the authors provide a guide for how these are constructed. Without this information trying to work out what is going on is very difficult.

I am not sure if I can place plans into two groups with CB Subs (I realise that you can have parent-child relationships) but at least if I understood how the template is constructed I should be able to lay the registration page out neatly.

Some advice would be much appreciated.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #220650 by agouldtdc

I have now spent some time experimenting with the Rounded template again. I cannot work out what is going on.

reg_plan_BG does not have a transparent background so there is an unwanted border displayed. If I try to replicate this by reproducing the graphics on a transparent background I get the problem displayed in the attachment. What appears to be happening is that graphic used for the middle sections (where the plan details are displayed) is repeated on the Y axis for the whole div used to display the plan and laid behind the graphics for the top and bottom.

If I disable the background repeat in the class selector .cbregPlanSelector_rounded {} the graphic for the middle is no longer displayed in the middle or bottom but it is on the top.

I have tried this on two other Yootheme templates, rhuk_milkyway and JA_Purity; the same happens. I have tried examining cbpaidsubscriptions.css and cannot identify where this is controlled.

There is another issue where if the plan name wraps to a second line it is not aligned.

I assume that this layout is being scripted but do not know where.

Please advise because this is very frustrating indeed!
Attachments:

11 years 2 months ago #220745 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Template creation

When I asked for a guide what I mean is an overview of how the default and/or Rounded templates are constructed so I can modify them. I am not asking for a step-by-step tutorial on CSS/HTML/PHP. I have licences for other tools and components that provide source code but the authors provide a guide for how these are constructed. Without this information trying to work out what is going on is very difficult.

I'm sorry, we have no such guide and likely won't provide one either. You can find the CBSubs template files at the below locations.

Default:
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/templates/default/

Rounded:
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/templates/rounded/

Both have PHP, HTML, and XML based template files in those above folders you can modify in addition to adjusting their CSS, but for the most part it's just CSS.

I've no idea why your modification is causing a strange repeat. I can't debug CSS issues without a direct URL to where the problem can be seen.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #220820 by agouldtdc
I have sent you a PM with login credentials so I hope that you can have a look.

I have tried changing the CSS in Firebug without success.

TIA

Andrew

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn