Replicating the demo site's "Donate to Site" Field?

11 years 2 months ago #221091 by janchambers
On the demo site for CBSubs, I noticed that there is a field for donating to the site in addition to paying for site registration, called "Donate to site." This feature is exactly what I need for my registration form, so I was wondering how that particular field was made so I could replicate it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221092 by krileon
It's just a donation plan. You create them the same way you create subscription plans except select Donation as its type instead of Subscription. More details can be found within your CBSubs documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: janchambers

11 years 2 months ago #221302 by janchambers
Replied by janchambers on topic Replicating the demo site's "Donate to Site" Field?
Thank you for the reply. I now have the option to donate, along with multiple donation amounts, available upon registration. B)

The only other questions I have are these:

1. How do I change a user's CBSubs Subscription Plan based on the amount selected for the particular Donation Plan, if that's possible? I've managed to have ACL groups change depending on the amount given in the donation plan, with the help of CB Auto Actions, but I don't know how to automatically change the user's subscription. Ideally, I want users who donate more than $50.00 in total to be automatically subscribed to a particular ACL group and Subscription Plan, even if they did not originally select the Subscription that requires a $50.00 donation at registration.

2. If I can't change a user's Subscription automatically at registration, is there a way for CBSubs to automatically change a user's Subscription based on what the user's ACL group is? Like I said before, I have the setup to easily change a user's ACL group, but not a Subscription Plan.

3. If neither of the above is possible or feasible, what would you recommend as a workaround or an alternative method of getting the job done? Would a SQL action in CB Auto Actions work?

11 years 1 month ago #221375 by krileon

1. How do I change a user's CBSubs Subscription Plan based on the amount selected for the particular Donation Plan, if that's possible? I've managed to have ACL groups change depending on the amount given in the donation plan, with the help of CB Auto Actions, but I don't know how to automatically change the user's subscription. Ideally, I want users who donate more than $50.00 in total to be automatically subscribed to a particular ACL group and Subscription Plan, even if they did not originally select the Subscription that requires a $50.00 donation at registration.

You want to give them a CBSubs subscription based off donation? I guess use the same method you're using now with CB Auto Actions except use a "CB Paid Subscriptions 3.x" action. Ensure you're using latest release of CB Auto Actions as earlier releases do not include CBSubs action.

2. If I can't change a user's Subscription automatically at registration, is there a way for CBSubs to automatically change a user's Subscription based on what the user's ACL group is? Like I said before, I have the setup to easily change a user's ACL group, but not a Subscription Plan.

Basically same as my answer to #1, using CB Auto Actions with a CBSubs action.

3. If neither of the above is possible or feasible, what would you recommend as a workaround or an alternative method of getting the job done? Would a SQL action in CB Auto Actions work?

Never insert subscriptions with queries, it's much more complex then what the tables lead one to believe. See above reply #1 for how to add subscriptions with CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn