help for plans configuration

11 years 1 month ago #221626 by ydev
help for plans configuration was created by ydev
HI,
I need help to configure my plans.
I use cbsubs3.0 on CB1,9 and Joomla 2.5.8

I need to configure some groups of plans. Plans in the same group must be reciprocally exclusive, while plans from different groups must not be exclusive.

Forn instance, suppose I have 3 groups of plans (group A,B,C) and 3 plans for each group (A1,A2,A3, B1,B2,B3, C1,C2,C3). An user should be able to have A1 and B3 subscribed at the same time, but he cannot subscribe simultaneously to A1 and A2.

How can I achieve this?
Usage of parent plan, I think, is not completely correct, because user must subscribe parent plan before subscribe children.
I think that the lack of the concept of plan group is a serious lack for a good subscription management system like CBSUBS.

Thank you very much

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #221746 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic help for plans configuration
Create 3 parent plans then add 3 child plans to them. Ensure the parent plans are non-exclusive then ensure the child plans are all exclusive. should give you exactly what you're wanting. There is no "category" or "grouping" feature so using parent plans is basically the only solution. Parent plans can be free lifetime plans though if you want and then hide their price on the pricing tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #221782 by ydev
Replied by ydev on topic help for plans configuration
Lifetime plans create much confusion in the website, expecially because I have many groups of plan to create (meaning many free parent lifetime plans), and as a consequence the user sees a long list of active plan in the subscription tab in CB Profile, even if non of children plans is active. (In addition free lifetime plans seem to be all automatically activated to each new registered user).

So this solution maybe works, but it is not estetically good and not user-friendly in website usage.
There is no alternative?

11 years 1 month ago #221872 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic help for plans configuration

Lifetime plans create much confusion in the website, expecially because I have many groups of plan to create (meaning many free parent lifetime plans), and as a consequence the user sees a long list of active plan in the subscription tab in CB Profile, even if non of children plans is active.

You may want to re-evaluate your plan setup then and maybe condense them if possible. Hiding child plans until parent is selected is also an option. You can also use CBSubs plan URLs to create custom registration pages that only show the CBSubs plans you want it to show.

(In addition free lifetime plans seem to be all automatically activated to each new registered user)

This should not be happening unless the user selected the plan. Ensure they're not marked as default or they'll be auto-selected.

There is no alternative?

No, there is no grouping feature or anything of the sort; parent > child plans is the only thing close to this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn