CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Errors

11 years 1 week ago #222918 by cegarrett
CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Errors was created by cegarrett
When processing a CBsubs Subscription payment on registration I'm having a couple of problems:

1)Even though I have added new fields for Street address, City, State,& Zip the Invoice address shown on the Payment Page only shows First Name and Last Name Fields. the rest of the fields are blank.
1a) When I Click "Click here to modify Invoicing address" the resulting page will not allow me to select a state the state dropdown doesn't click (until I reselect US)

2) If I process the payment with Paypal (paypay user name and login)everything goes fine. but if I enter a Credit card, Exp Date, and CSC code directly on my page I get an error that says:
Some required information is missing or incorrect. Please correct the fields below and try again.
• Error: Information entered incorrect. Try again.

How do I get the address the user enters at registration to pass to the invoice? What am I missing to allow credit card payments directly on my site.

Thanks in advance for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #222940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Errors

1)Even though I have added new fields for Street address, City, State,& Zip the Invoice address shown on the Payment Page only shows First Name and Last Name Fields. the rest of the fields are blank.

Create card page doesn't show anything more than this. PayPal renders it. PayPal is also passed the invoice information if you've the gateway configured to do so.

1a) When I Click "Click here to modify Invoicing address" the resulting page will not allow me to select a state the state dropdown doesn't click (until I reselect US)

Believe this is normal so the jQuery can fire to update the state dropdown based off the country.

2) If I process the payment with Paypal (paypay user name and login)everything goes fine. but if I enter a Credit card, Exp Date, and CSC code directly on my page I get an error that says:

Are you using a valid credit card? Are you using test credit cards? Do you have a valid merchant for the credit card you're using? Was the credit card information entered exactly correctly? These errors return from PayPal directly in the iframe so there's no way for me to properly debug them. Sounds like your PayPal Manager account may not be setup properly to accept the credit card you're supplying.

How do I get the address the user enters at registration to pass to the invoice?

Within CBSubs > Settings > Invoices map your registration fields to CB fields. Country and state often have a hard time mapping though as the values must match the dropdown values properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago #223217 by cegarrett
Replied by cegarrett on topic CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Errors
Thanks for the answers above.

in response to 2)
I'm using the Test Credit cards listed at www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/219832-cbsubs-gpl-paypal-advanced-30 is there somewhere I can get more test cards?

I only want to allow subscriptions for US addresses is there a way I can disable the list of countries or even just list a few?

11 years 1 week ago #223314 by krileon

I'm using the Test Credit cards listed at www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl...l-paypal-advanced-30 is there somewhere I can get more test cards?

The PayPal Advanced documentation has a full list below, but the ones supplied in that topic should work fine. Ensure there are no spaces and the CC#, CCV, and date are supplied exactly as is shown in the topic.

www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/payflowgateway_guide.pdf

I only want to allow subscriptions for US addresses is there a way I can disable the list of countries or even just list a few?

You mean on the invoice page? Only way to change that is to edit the XML file below and remove what countries you don't want to allow.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.front.invoice.xml

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 days ago #223736 by cegarrett
Replied by cegarrett on topic CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Errors
I'm still working on the 1st Problem but thanks for the Documentation link. However, I've removed All countried except US & Canada from the XML file listed above but I do not see a reduction in the Number of countries on the Invoice Page. Is possibly there another file i may need to check?

11 years 2 days ago #223744 by krileon

I'm still working on the 1st Problem but thanks for the Documentation link.

Suggest contacting PayPal and see if they can review their logs for further details on the error.

Is possibly there another file i may need to check?

Not that I am aware of. That XML should control the invoice address edit display.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn