Possible to add Subs payments to existing user accounts?

11 years 1 day ago #223990 by oorc
Hey there!

Let's say I have 100 already registered users. They have made payments offline, which are not reflected on the site or visible in their invoices on their profiles (obviously). In other words, I'm basically looking to migrate my existing user database, with back payments, to CB Subs. I'm considering segmenting it so that I do the user imports first (with all of their contact info), and the CB Subs subscriptions second (since there are a variety of them). First, is this the best way to fashion this import?

And second, is it possible to do an import that will associate payments to their accounts, in such a way that not only gives them the correct subscription dates, but also adds their payments to their reviewable invoices?

Please let me know if that makes sense. Thanks for any help!

~Ryan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 15 hours ago #224030 by krileon
You'll first need to setup your CBSubs plans as similar as possible to your existing usage. Next I suggest using CBSubs > Import and constructing an import file to import their subscriptions matching your current system best as possible. See CBSubs > Import and your CBSubs documentation for import format information.

And second, is it possible to do an import that will associate payments to their accounts, in such a way that not only gives them the correct subscription dates, but also adds their payments to their reviewable invoices?

Unfortunately, no. No payment information will be associated with the import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 hours ago #224046 by oorc
Hey Krileon,

Thanks for the response! I think I understand the first part pretty well now.

For the second part, is it possible to make manual alterations to user account payments? I'm thinking that, if I can't use an import tool to populate their back payments, could I go in and add these directly to the database (or through the Joomla backend) in such a way that they show up in their past invoices, and can have amounts and dates attached to them?

I'm hoping to represent the whole history of donations for my organization in this system, if possible.

Thanks again!

~Ryan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.623 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn