Double User Group?

6 years 10 months ago #294545 by craschnburn
Double User Group? was created by craschnburn
Hello...
I wasn't able to find this discussion here, but I would figure that this question may have been asked before.

Specifications
Joomla 3.6.5
CB 2.1.2
CBSUB 4.1.0

I have 4 Plans.
Each plan belong to their respected User Group.
Plan 1 = Registered
Plan 2 = Author
Plan 3 = Editor
Plan 4 = Administrator

When I upgrade from Plan 1 to Plan 2, the user obtains the Author User Group, but also retains the Plan 1's User Group as Registered.

Can I re-configure this somehow that when users upgrades from Registered to Author, the Registered user group is removed and the user solely belongs to the Author Group?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294553 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Double User Group?
CBSubs will only manage usergroups it's told to manage. So for example if you've the default usergroup as Registered and your plan adds Author the plan can add and remove Author, but it won't touch Registered. One way to work around this is to have a free lifetime plan that manages Registered. The better option is to use CB Auto Actions to have significantly more control on how the usergroups are changed. However, in your case the user being Registered and Author shouldn't cause any problems and is fine to leave that as is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294555 by craschnburn
Replied by craschnburn on topic Double User Group?
Hey Kyle.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

One of my concerns is in an instance if my user upgrade from Plan 1 (Registered) to Plan 4(Administrator), they show up in both the Users' Lists of Registered users and Administrator users.

This sounds like I'll need Auto action.

Thanks again.

6 years 10 months ago #294560 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Double User Group?

One of my concerns is in an instance if my user upgrade from Plan 1 (Registered) to Plan 4(Administrator), they show up in both the Users' Lists of Registered users and Administrator users.

Still shouldn't particularly matter. Access permission wise Administrators would still have Registered user permissions so there's no conflict there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds