TABS for registered users only

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #294557 by staal
TABS for registered users only was created by staal
Dear All,
I need to have the TAB "CONTACT INFO" visibile to visitors (not registered) in the members' profle and when the visitor clicks on it a message should appera saying that such info/tab are visible only to registered users. The same should go for other TABS (s. PROFILEWALL).

Thank you

Bill

[MOD EDIT]: Topic moved to community forums as has nothing to do with CBSubs. Please note your subscription covers support for CBSubs topics only.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic TABS for registered users only
You can control who can see the tabs using CB Privacy, but there's no functionality to output a message like you're wanting. The tab just flat out wouldn't output at all. CB Conditional can also used to condition tabs display. Both can also condition field displays. You could use a custom tab visible only to public users (conditioned using CB Conditional) that displays your message while CB Privacy or CB Conditional protects the normal tab so only registered users can access it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296154 by staal
Replied by staal on topic TABS for registered users only
Hello, I setup a tab visible only to visitor. The problem is that I cannot link the TAB to a content. When the visitor clicks on the tab nothing happeens. How can I link a text (eg article or similar) with a message to visitor'

Thanks
WS

6 years 8 months ago #296175 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic TABS for registered users only
Don't understand what you mean by link the tab to content. Once you create the tab within CB > Tab Management you need to add fields to it within CB > Field Management otherwise it's empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn